Something interesting is always going on at Chambers Group, and you can be part of it. We want the best and brightest to join our team – people with talent, passion, and commitment who bring new ideas, creativity, and energy. You will find variety, challenges, growth opportunities, and a chance to shine.
The dynamic environment at Chambers Group is based on fast growth which will challenge you to raise the bar. A diverse workplace enables us to attract the best talent and foster innovation. We invite you to discover the potential career opportunities available to you at Chambers Group with the current open positions listed below.
Location: PasadenaWe are currently seeking an experienced Arborist for a part time position in Pasadena.It is part of a project under the Master Development Plan for the City of Pasadena. Statement of work includes landscaping plan and mitigation monitoring section.
Location: Santa Ana, Los Angeles, Redlands, San DiegoChambers Group has an immediate need for Assistant Biologists/Botanists with 2+ years of related experience in wildlife biology for some high profile projects. The right candidate will demonstrate initiative, good verbal and written communication skills, technical field skills and knowledge of ecology, conservation biology and restoration, and creativity. Experience in performing focused wildlife surveys and experience in southern California biological resources are important. The successful candidate should have progressive experience in environmental consulting and at minimum a BA or BS degree in biological sciences or related discipline. Project/task management experience is a plus. Lab-related biology degrees and experience need not apply.
Location: Santa Ana
Chambers Group, Inc. is an environmental consulting firm headquartered in Santa Ana, CA with regional offices in San Diego, Redlands, Imperial Valley and Los Angeles, California.
Chambers Group provides environmental planning, regulatory permitting, technical studies that evaluate impacts to biological resources, cultural resources, air quality/noise analyses, and construction mitigation monitoring.
Currently the firm is seeking an experienced Marketing/Proposal Coordinator to work from its corporate office in Santa Ana, CA, reporting to the Marketing Manager.
· Coordinates proposal generation activities and timelines with Marketing Manager
· Creates, writes and edits proposals of various lengths
· Creates and maintains documents and data associated with proposals and projects
· Provides support during proposal efforts by determining content and format of proposals by reviewing (individual or team) prior to submittal
· Meets with Directors, Program Managers and Business Development team to assess both technical and non-technical needs of proposal; coordinates information flow for final output
· Obtains information from subconsultant teams and coordinates information and workflow with internal staff
· Coordinates the maintenance of proposal-related qualifications material (staff resumes and project descriptions).
· Compiles the qualifications sections of proposals (key personnel, relevant experience, cover letters, and non-technical introductions).
· Coordinates production of no bid letters to clients.
Marketing/Business Development Research:
· Assembles and collects information from a variety of internal and external sources to support proposal development
· Develops and maintain files on technical personnel and firm capabilities; including updated technical staff resumes and key personnel paragraphs.
· Maintains files on permits, certifications, awards, commendations, etc, used in proposal submittals.
· Reviews project descriptions for completeness; saves updates in project library
· Generates marketing packages, SOQs and all requests from Senior Management, Marketing Manager, Program Managers and Business Development Team
· Assembles marketing packages and presentations as requested
· Updates brochures and SOQs as needed
· Provides company-wide marketing support in other areas as needed and requested by Marketing Manager or Management Team
Technical Report Production:
· Provide support with technical report production including but not limited to:
o Minor formatting
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, or Communications
· 2+ years of experience coordinating proposals, preferably in A/E/C industry
· Strong writing, grammar, spelling skills necessary
· Experience in the environmental, natural sciences or engineering industry.
· Experience working with the following desktop programs
o Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Works flexible and extended hours to meet deadlines as requested
· Occasionally hand-delivers proposal packages directly to client offices
· Occasionally travels to client offices for meetings
Location: Los Angeles, Redlands, San Diego, Santa Ana
Description and Desired Qualifications
Responsible for technical direction and resource management support to meet client, project and office objectives. Requires minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Demonstrates strong technical skills and expertise in particular technical area within discipline. Possesses desire to learn the business. Demonstrates initiative, independent thinking, good problem-solving skills, excellent field skills and educational background in specific discipline. Possesses strong leadership skills, ability to work independently and as a team member, and exemplary work habits, especially related to safety, common sense, punctuality, and adaptability.
Education and Experience
Minimum BS, BA required. Approximately 3-6 years of experience in technical disciplines and 2 years of demonstrated ability to perform in technical lead role. Professional membership participation preferred. Advanced degrees – MS, MA, PhD, may substitute for up to 2 years experience.
There is definitely room to grow here at Chambers Group. I have gained a larger skill set and an increasing role in leadership through a variety of projects in the office setting and in the field.
— Staff Cultural Resources Specialist
I enjoy coming to work every day because of the people I work with; and because I have had opportunities to be involved in a variety of exciting projects. The future is looking bright.
— Collections Manager and Procurement Officer
I enjoy working at Chambers Group because the people are great. We always work as a team and we constantly learn from each other.
— Biologist/Project Manager
Chambers Group provides an atmosphere in which managerial and technical growth are encouraged. Intra-departmental support facilitates the delivery of quality documents on time.
— Senior Environmental Planner